The Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) invites applications from suitably qualified Candidates for the following position:
Job Title : Director Enterprise Projects Management
Reports to : Chief Executive
Liaises with the Government Ministries and International Agencies including financiers over donor funded projects or with specific donor contributions to the Company, in so far as his/her Division is concerned.
- Directs the designs of in-house projects which are generally funded by Government of Lesotho and WASCO.
- Monitors progress of on-going projects to ensure adherence to schedule, designs and financial disbursements.
- Initiates the preparation of terms of reference for invitation of consultants to design and supervises the construction of some projects, which address the deficiencies within the WASCO infrastructure.
- Approves the interim payment certificates for all measured works during the implementation of the projects.
- Endorses the project’s completion certificates for all work done by external contractors and WASCO staff.
- Monitors compliance by the Company to the relevant Laws of Lesotho, which expression includes the employees and where appropriate, agents or contractors, and advise on corrective measures (if necessary) and monitor remedial measures (if any).
- Recommends the results of the evaluation of proposals for selection of preferred consultants for design and supervision and preferred contractors for implementation of construction to the Chief Executive.
- Presents to the Board of Directors of WASCO, for approval, the evaluation reports of selected contractors and consultants to carry out different construction works within WASCO.
- Ensures distribution of as-built drawings and operation manuals of all completed projects to Operations and Maintenance Division.
- Ensures all reporting requirements are done by all.
- Develops and reviews operational plans for the division to facilitate implementation of the Annual Business Plan.
- Coordinates and integrates divisional activities in order to achieve synergies and efficiencies of divisional activities.
- Develops, reviews and updates all divisional policies and procedures and establish systems to enhance management and delivery of work in the division.
- Provides leadership and management to the Division by setting clear goals and direction for the Division.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Degree in Civil Engineering /Construction Engineering/Construction Management/Water and Environmental Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering plus Post Graduate Degree in Project Management/Business Administration/any Engineering discipline related to Civil Engineering/Water Engineering.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar role at a managerial level, three (3) of which should be at senior management level.
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Strategic Leadership Capability and Decision-Making
- Risk Management and Organisational Governance
- Strategic Financial Management
- Client Orientation and Customer Focus
- People Leadership and Empowerment
- Change Management
- Strategic Communication
- Environmental and Health and Safety consciousness
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send an application letter, a detailed CV, names of two Referees and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts to:
The Director Human Resources
Water and Sewerage Company (PTY) Ltd
P.O. Box 426
The closing date for submissions of applications is 27th July 2018
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be directed to short-listed candidates only.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by WASCO.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- WASCO reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.
To apply for this job please visit www.wasco.co.ls.