The Lesotho Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) invite applications from suitably qualified Local Candidates for the following position:
Job Title : Electrician – (Based at Metolong)
Reports to : Maintenance Engineer
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure that all electrical machinery, equipment, installations, control equipment and tools are in good working condition.
- Fill in problem reports as well as work orders issued in the implementation of the planned preventive maintenance.
- Install, repair, build, replace or modify electrical installations and equipment/Panel.
- Liaise with production for breakdowns report on records.
- Liaise with WASCO stores for provision of electrical spares.
- Keep safe custody of tools and equipment.
- Record and reports all incidents at work.
- Participate in training of operators in proper running of equipment and in first line maintenance.
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools.
- Check accuracy/rating and quality of supplied parts, tools.
- Participate in energy saving projects in all Wasco Centers.
- Repair Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Telemetry Systems and Instrumentation Systems.
- Maintain safe work practices by observing both WASCO Health and Safety Policy and the national safety laws.
- Maintain good workshop and work place tidiness.
- Use allocated fleet as per the Wasco transport policy.
- Operational Decision-Making
- Team work
- Continuous Improvement and Service Delivery Innovation
- Citizen/ Customer Responsiveness
- People management
- Communication and Information Management
- Planning and organizing
- Project implementation
- Knowledge of control equipment
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- At least three years experience as a technician
- Light motor vehicle license
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
Applications accompanied by detailed CV, names of two referees, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company
P.O. Box 426
The closing date for submissions of applications is 21ST FEBRUARY 2020.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by WASCO.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- WASCO reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.