The Lesotho Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) invites applications from suitably qualified Local Candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Projects Engineer
Reports to: Manager Engineering Design
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure that in-house projects are constructed within specified time frames and budget while at the same time ensuring that compliance with environmental, health and safety issues and project specifications is maintained during construction periods.
1. Conduct investigations and design of in-house Projects. 2. Conduct Tender invitation. 3. Compile contract documents. 4. Conduct site inspections. 5. Participate in Tender adjudications and award process. 6. Evaluate proposals for consultancy services and tender dossiers for works. 7. Verify designs and recommendation of contractors. 8. Progress monitoring of on-going in-house projects. 9. Verify and issue payment certificates, variation orders, interim, completion and maintenance certification. 10. Ensure that quality issues are adhered to during project execution. 11. Ensure that contractual maintenance obligations of the projects are done. 12. Coordinate statutory requirements of projects with respect to health, safety and environmental issues.
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to work under pressure.
4. Negotiation skills.
5. Conflict resolution skills.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
1. Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering/Construction Management
2. Three years’ experience in Project Management and Construction Supervision
3. Drivers’ license
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
Applications accompanied by detailed CV, names of two referees, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Manager Water and Sewerage Company P.O. Box 426 Maseru. 100
The closing date for submissions of applications is 27th July 2018.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by WASCO.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- WASCO reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.
To apply for this job please visit www.wasco.co.ls.